Species at Risk Stewardship Workshop: Working together for species at risk recovery in Atlantic Canada
February 25th to 27th, 2010
Old Orchard Inn & Spa, Wolfville, NS
Approximately 120 people from across Atlantic Canada came together for the Species at Risk Stewardship Workshop. Discussions focused on enhancing collaboration in species at risk recovery, volunteer stewardship, and the Habitat Stewardship Program for Species at Risk. The workshop was very educational, inspiring, and overall successful!
The Bluenose Coastal Action Foundation would like to acknowledge and thank everyone involved in the workshop. Without such a large and diverse contribution, this workshop would not have been possible. Specifically, BCAF would like to thank:
- The Habitat Stewardship Program for Species at Risk for providing the funds to cover travel and accommodation costs for HSP Recipients. This enabled participants’ attendance at the workshop, making it such a success.
- Our sponsors for their generous donations.
- The Advisory Committee for actively participating in the organization of the workshop and all their help throughout the workshop itself.
- Our presenters, panelist members, and moderators for sharing their knowledge and expertise.
- The participants for making the workshop inspiring and educational.
- Dr. J. Sherman Boates for delivering his keynote address and reminding us all what species at risk recovery is really about.
- Bill Wallace and all the staff at the Old Orchard Inn & Spa.
- Our Workshop Volunteers.
Please stay tuned for the Workshop Proceedings, which will be posted once available.