1) Participants must be residents of Lunenburg County.
2) Maximum number of submissions per participant is two.
3) The size of photographs must be at least 8”x10” and no bigger than 18’x24’ (inches) in print format. Digital format will not be accepted.
4) All photographs must be white or off-white matted. Framed prints will not be accepted. Matted photos should be submitted in a protective envelope or plastic sleeve, carefully identified.
5) Closing date for entries is March 31st, 2016. After this date, no further entries will be permitted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6) Submissions can be dropped off at the Margaret Hennigar Public Library, Bridgewater, or the Lunenburg Public Library between Thursday, March 10th and Thursday March 31st (closing time).
7) Participants must identify photos on the back of each submission, with the image title, name of the photographer, and contact information (phone or email).
8) For each image, participants must also submit a separate information sheet stating the title, location, and date of the image; the name of photographer; and, a short description (100-word limit) about the photographic technique and/or a water-related commentary. Exhibit organizers will reproduce this information on Story Cards, which will be displayed beside each photograph. Samples at Flickr “Our Water Our Life” https://www.flickr.com/photos/136307696@N07/
9) Black and white as well as coloured photographs will be accepted. Creative or abstract images are also welcome if the Story Card information makes the connection to the Exhibit theme.
10) Vetting of photographs for the Exhibit will be the sole right of the Organizing Team. The Team’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the content of the Exhibit will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11) Photographs will be on display at the DesBrisay Museum, Bridgewater, April 10th-24th.
12) Photographs can be picked up Tuesday April 26th at the DesBrisay Museum or by other arrangements agreed to by both organizers and participant.
13) All submissions remain the property of the photographer.
14) The Organizing Team takes no responsibility for any damage to, or loss of, prints.
15) By submitting an entry to this exhibit, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to be bound by the Submission Guidelines and the decisions of the Organizing Team. All applicants agree that each submitted photo reflect the purpose of the Exhibit, in keeping with the celebration of World Water Day/Canada Water Week and community efforts to protect and conserve our water commons. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org See also “Our Water Our Life” Facebook page.
Follow our blog for the latest news on our conservation work.